Monday, November 23, 2009

9 weeks to go

Today I'm 31 weeks into my pregnancy....its hard to believe Jude Michael Land will be joining us in just 9 short weeks. We are frantically trying to get "life together" before his expected arrival around January 25th. I'm still not sure exactly what that means but we sure are busy with meetings, planning, doctor visits, putting together a launch party for PhotogenX Seattle, and the day to day stuff of running a family.  


What a story I'll be able to tell this little guy about all the places I took him, the miracle we saw take place in preserving his life back in Kona, and the faithfulness of our God to provide for his family all along the way. It kinda makes my hormonal self want to weep just thinking about it all. Maybe because I know that the past 31 weeks were also some of the toughest of my entire life. Instead of dwelling on all that though as its over and done with and I think somehow I am better for having gone through it I thought I would share what I'm thankful for...
  • I'm thankful that even though we have zero financial support that God is miraculously providing for our basic needs
  • I am thankful for being able to make my own food, in my own wonderfully free apartment
  • I am thankful that I only have 9 weeks more of Jude kicking me constantly and making my back hurt
  • I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends who I missed so much while we were gone
  • I am thankful that I'm finally not having a bad hair day everyday thanks to my hair straightener having the proper electrical input and not being in 84% humidity...kinda helps to have good hair days when you are feeling hugely pregnant
  • I am thankful for Caleb and his adorable little talking self and the fact that he is in love with baby already...here is hoping he feels the same once Jude arrives
  • I am thankful for the opportunity to work in Seattle as PhotogenX staff with my husband - the work I love, the place I love and the man I love all for the God I love and His voiceless children
  • I am thankful to Gary for being willing to walk through the challenges of working together, living together and learning how to love each other more perfectly
These I am thankful for!!  I'd love to hear what your thankful for....

No comments:

Post a Comment